Community Updates During COVID-19
During this time of COVID-19, Double Up is here for families with Bridge (EBT) Cards to double their food dollar for more healthy food. As communities continue to respond to COVID-19, there are resources available to help families get the healthy food they need in addition to Double Up. Find the latest updates on what’s available near you.
Bridge (EBT) Card:
- Need a Bridge Card? MDHHS is now accepting applications online. Go to www.michigan.gov/MIBridges to learn more.
- Michigan recently announced the Pandemic-EBT (P-EBT) program, providing temporary food assistance benefits to families with school children that are eligible for free and reduced-priced lunches. Learn more about P-EBT here.
- Food pantries are a resource to get the food you need. Find a site near you.
- If you need assistance finding food, 211 is there to help connect you with local resources. Call 2-1-1 or learn more here.
- Meal distributions are available in communities across the state. See Genesee County’s schedule.
- With recent school closures and knowing that many children rely on school-provided meals, see this statewide database to help find a meal site near you.
- In response to COVID-19, The Grand Rapids Community Foundation is creating an emergency response fund providing financial assistance to undocumented immigrant families living in Kent County. Learn more about the fund here.
Updated: May 5, 2020