Double Up Food Bucks Available Year-Round
Double Up sites in Flint include:
- D&R Market 1402 Chevrolet Ave., Mon-Sat 9am-2am, Sun 11am-2am
- Flint Farmers’ Market 300 East First St., Tues & Thurs 9am-6pm, Sat 8am-5pm
- Flint Fresh Mobile Market Mobile market locations and times vary daily. Visit FlintFresh.com for current schedule.
- Fresh Choice 1916 Davison Rd. Mon-Sat 8am-9pm, Sun 8am-7pm
- Great Giant Supermarket 5204 Saginaw St., Mon-Sat 8am-8pm, Sun 8am-7pm
- Hinky Dinky Supermarket 3110 MLK Ave., Mon-Sat 9am-2am, Sun 11am-2am
- Hutchinson Food and Drug 6509 N Saginaw St., Mon-Sat 9am-8pm, Sun 9am-6pm
- Landmark Food Center 206 West Pierson Rd., Mon-Sat 8am-9pm, Sun 8am-7pm
- Landmark Food Center 4644 Fenton Rd., Mon-Sat 8am-9pm, Sun 8am-7pm
- The Local Grocer 601 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave, Mon-Sun 10am-6:30pm
- Longhorn Meat Market 3236 Corunna Rd., Mon-Sat 9am-8pm, Sun 10am-5pm
- Mr. B’s 4311 Dupont St., Mon-Sat 8am-9pm, Sun 9am-7pm
How it works
Get FREE fresh fruits and vegetables when you shop with your Bridge Card at the Flint Farmers’ Market and participating grocery stores in Flint.
*NEW*: Log onto the Double Up Customer Portal to CHECK YOUR BALANCE.
It’s easy with Double Up Food Bucks™!
Here’s how it works: If you buy any fruit, veggies, or milk with your Bridge Card at a participating site, you get a dollar-for-dollar match of FREE Double Up Food Bucks to spend on any fresh fruits or vegetables.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Double Up work in Flint?
In the Double Up program in Flint, any purchase of milk or fresh, frozen, dried, or canned fruits and vegetables (with no added salt, sugar, or oil) with your Bridge Card earns you free Double Up Food Bucks to spend on any fresh fruits and vegetables at that store or other participating sites in Flint. You can earn up to $20 in Double Up credits per day; they are earned and spent on a Double Up Food Bucks card.
How can I sign up?
Customers just need to sign-up once to use Double Up at any participating site in Flint. Bring your Bridge Card with you. At the Flint Farmers’ Market, go to the Friends of the Farmers Market booth. At participating grocery stores, go to the customer service desk. Staff will help you get started! Remember to sign up before shopping with your Bridge Card.
What do I need to bring?
Bring your Bridge Card, and Double Up Food Bucks Card to shop.
Who qualifies for Double Up?
It’s easy! Anyone receiving federal food assistance or food stamp benefits is automatically eligible: if you have a Bridge Card, you can use this program.
What earns Double Up Food Bucks?
Any purchase of milk or fresh, frozen, dried, or canned fruits and vegetables (with no added salt, sugar, or oil) with your Bridge Card earns you free Double Up Food Bucks.
What can I buy with the Double Up Food Bucks I earn?
The Double Up Food Bucks credits you earn can be spent on any fresh fruits and vegetables in that store or other participating Double Up locations in Flint.
What if I have questions?
Call us at 866-586-2796.
When does the program run?
The program runs all year long in Flint.
Does Double Up Food Bucks match WIC?
No, WIC purchases are not eligible for matching Double Up Food Bucks dollars.
What if I do not have SNAP (food stamps) or a Bridge Card?
Call the Center for Civil Justice at 810.238.8053 Monday through Friday for help in determining whether you may be eligible for SNAP; they can also support you throughout the application process. You can also visit the www.mibridges.michigan.gov/access/ for additional information.