Talk to Us
Receive email updates from the Fair Food Network
How Can I Shop and Eat Healthy on a Budget?
Eating healthy doesn’t have to cost more. Use these tips and materials to help you make choices that are not only healthy but also economical.
- Enjoy the Season: Eat fruits and vegetables when they are in season at your farmers’ market. They often cost less and have more flavor.
- Keep it Simple: Buy vegetables and fruits in their simplest forms. Pre- cut and processed foods may be convenient, but often cost much more.
- Eat Right with Money’s Tight: This tip sheet, created by SNAP, provides information on how to shop for a nutritious diet while on a low-income budget. (Also available in Spanish)
- 30 Ways in 30 Days to Stretch your Fruit and Vegetable Budget: A tip a day to help you stretch your fruit and vegetable budget for National Fruits & Veggies—More Matters Month
- Get the most for your food budget! There are many ways to save money on the foods that you eat. The three main steps are planning before you shop, purchasing the items at the best price, and preparing meals that stretch your food dollars. One-page handouts: